1.13.2010

Bell's HopSlam - Smooth, Strong

Last night I tried Bell's HopSlam on tap at the Bulldog NE for the first time ever. My uncle has been raving about it so I thought I'd give it a try.

I had a couple of pints and started to get a little typsy. It's 11% alc. and that warms you up pretty good. I'm not a huge bitter pale ale drinker, yet, still a lover of hops, so Bell's HopSlam is the perfect fit for a guy like me. This is an extremely drinkable IIPA that Bell's put out. I personally think that they didn't do a huge early addition of hops because it's not super bitter. It is extremely hoppy with presumably many late additions for aroma and flavor. I definitely taste a piny hop presence in this beer which I'm not sure I love. I think the honey mostly just adds to the fermentable sugars and so keeps the beer light as opposed to if you were to use grains for that extra alcohol kick. Dangerously smooth!!! I need to get my hands on some more of it and cellar it. I would highly recommend this beer to anyone who loves hops. Good luck finding any because since I don't have any readers, if you do read this eventually, you'll be too late and it'll be sold out.

Why a seasonal? Only Bell's can answer that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...